In today's world, managing passwords has become essential as we create more online accounts and use more digital services. Using the same password for multiple accounts can be a major security risk, and remembering unique passwords for every account is daunting. Password managers like NordPass help users securely store, generate, and manage passwords. However, there are many NordPass alternatives available that offer features that may better suit your specific needs. This article will discuss the top 10 NordPass alternatives and their unique features.
[Table of Contents]
- 7 Features to Look for in NordPass Alternatives
- #1. TeamPassword
- #2. LastPass
- #3. Dashlane
- #4. Zoho Vault
- #5. 1Password
- #6. Bitwarden
- #7. KeePass
- #8. Keeper
- #9. Enpass
- #10. Norton Password Manager
- How to Choose the Right NordPass Alternative
7 Features to Look for in NordPass Alternatives
Before diving into the top 10 NordPass alternatives, let's first discuss the features a password manager should have. These features will help you evaluate each password manager and determine which will best fit your team's needs.
#1. Password Vault
A password vault is a secure digital location where users can store their passwords. It's important for a password manager to have a password vault as it helps users keep track of all their passwords in one location. This feature also allows users to create and store strong passwords without the risk of forgetting them.
#2. Auto-Complete Capabilities
Auto-complete or auto-fill capabilities allow users to automatically fill out login credentials for their accounts, saving time and effort. This feature is especially useful for frequently visited websites or accounts that require long and complex passwords.
#3. Password Sharing Capabilities
Password sharing is a feature that allows users to share login credentials with others. This feature is particularly useful for collaborative teams that need to access shared accounts.
#4. Enhanced Security Features
Enhanced security features like two-factor authentication, biometric authentication, and encryption help protect users' sensitive information from hackers and other security breaches. Password managers should have these features to ensure the security of stored passwords.
#5. Multi-Device Accessibility
Multi-device accessibility allows users to access their passwords from multiple devices. This feature is essential for individuals who work across different devices and need access to their passwords on the go.
#6. Strong Password Generator
A strong password generator is a tool that creates complex and unique passwords. This feature ensures that users have strong and secure passwords for their accounts, reducing the risk of hacking.
#7. Activity Logs
Activity logs record all password manager activity, including password changes and logins. This feature is useful for monitoring password manager usage and detecting suspicious activity.
Now that we know what features to look for in a password manager let's take a closer look at the top 10 NordPass alternatives.
One feature that makes TeamPassword stand out is its user-friendly interface, which makes navigation easy. This improves your daily workflow and simplifies onboarding new team members.
TeamPassword is a streamlined tool that gives you the features you need and nothing you don't. It's also affordable. You can get TeamPassword's yearly plans for only $1.66 per user per month for the first six months. After that, the price goes up to $4.16 per month per user, with extra discounts depending on the plan size.
- Available on all devices: Access your tools and services from any device with a simple login.
- Easy to adopt: Use all the features without any hassle thanks to the user-friendly interface.
- Share securely: Share passwords with your team members or groups in a few clicks and revoke access whenever necessary.
- Keep your data safe: Protect your data with advanced security features such as encryption and two-step verification.
One of the NordPass alternatives that you can consider is LastPass, which has both personal and business plans. Both plans offer high security standards and a variety of browser extensions to enhance multi-device compatibility. They also allow you to share passwords securely with others.
What sets LastPass apart is its emphasis on “password hygiene.” This means eliminating the need to store passwords separately and even using a dedicated authenticator app that replaces the need for auto-filling login details. LastPass also offers dark web monitoring and other extra security features.
In 2022, LastPass faced a lot of backlash for a security breach that exposed user vault backups to cybercriminals. The vaults were still encrypted, but the breach of the LastPass database was alarming, especially in light of several other security incidents that LastPass had experienced in recent years.
- Security: Use password generators and go passwordless to enhance your business security.
- A local encryption method: Data is encrypted at the device level for extra security.
- Multiple-factor authentication: Choose the level of authentication you want for each system or tool, beyond 2FA.
Dashlane's pricing depends on the number of users. The starter plan costs $2.00 per user/month for up to 10 users. The team plan costs $5.00 per user/month for larger teams.
- Password changer: This feature lets you easily update your passwords on any websites Dashlane supports with just a few clicks.
- Dark web monitoring: This service scans the internet for any signs of your data being compromised and alerts you if it finds anything. You can then take action to secure your accounts and prevent identity theft.
- Secured note: This feature allows you to store sensitive information like passport numbers or business details within the app and share it only with people you trust.
#4. Zoho Vault
Zoho Vault offers advanced security features like end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, and a zero-knowledge policy. It allows offline access through a fully encrypted HTML file you can download and view anywhere. Offline access can be restricted to certain users by organization admins.
Zoho Vault integrates with the entire suite of Zoho apps and popular Microsoft and Google offerings like Azure Active Directory and Workspace.
Zoho Vault offers a free plan for personal use, a Professional tier for $4.50/user/month, and an Enterprise plan for $7.20/user/month (billed annually), which includes features like Single Sign-On, help desk integrations, and password access control workflow.
Zoho Vault Features:
- Offline access: download an encrypted HTML file and take your passwords anywhere
- Variety of app integrations if you're willing to pay for the Enterprise tier
- One-time sharing with third parties
1Password is known for its security features such as a PIN which keeps your vault secure even if your master password is stolen.
1Password helps users create and store strong passwords for their online accounts. It offers secure notes, credit card information, and identity documents. One of the main selling points of 1Password is its focus on security features. Like all good password managers it uses end-to-end encryption to protect user data from hackers and third parties. It also supports two-factor authentication, biometric unlock, and breach reports.
1Password offers a 14-day trial of its premium plan. Then, it costs $2.99 for personal use or $19.95 for up to 10 people in Teams Starter. Business plan: $7.99 per user per month.
- Duo integration
- Guest accounts for limited sharing
- Variety of provisioning support if on $7.99 plan
Bitwarden is an open-source password manager that provides security and convenience with strong encryption, unlimited device syncing, zero-knowledge encryption, and password generation. These features make password management easy and safe. Bitwarden has different pricing plans for personal and family use. Its business plan starts at $3.00 per user/month. This makes it a cost-effective solution for both individual and professional needs.
- Bitwarden Send: You can use this feature to share information securely with someone else, such as passwords or credit card details. You can also choose when the information will self-destruct.
- Secure Notes: This feature lets you store other kinds of information that are not passwords in a secure way.
- Vault health reports: These reports help you assess the strength and security of your passwords and give you a score for each one. You can use this information to improve your password security and prevent future risks.
KeePass is a free and open-source password manager. It offers a strong password generator, auto-fill forms, and browser login import. Its cost (zero) and customizability are its main selling points. However, it may require more technical skills than other password managers.
- Multiple user keys: One master password can be used to decrypt the database. You can also use key files, which are often more secure than master passwords.
- Import and export from many file formats: This allows data from other programs to be easily imported into KeePass and its database to be used in other applications.
- Portable: carry on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
Keeper Password Manager helps businesses of any size stay secure. It's a user-friendly platform that combines essential identity and access management features.
Keeper also lets you do some advanced tasks. You can easily protect, manage, and share your organization's passwords, files, and metadata. You can also connect to your infrastructure directly without a VPN.
- Manage and share passwords - Set up shared team folders and restrict who can add, remove, modify, and share records.
- Access to remote infrastructure - Enable employees to access sensitive internal resources with zero-trust network access from anywhere, on any device, with no VPN.
- Manage secrets - Remove hard-coded credentials from source code, configuration files, and continuous integration/continuous deployment systems.
Enpass is an offline password manager that lets you store and sync your passwords through various cloud services such as iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more. Enpass encrypts your passwords in vaults that only you can access with your master password.
Enpass also offers many features to help you manage your passwords and online security. You can create strong passwords, log in to any app or website with a single click, fill in payment details automatically, audit your passwords for weaknesses, organize your passwords in multiple vaults, and use templates to store different types of information.
Their pricing ranges from $1.99/mo for individual users to $3.99/user/month for the Enterprise plan which includes automatic user provisioning.
- Offline password manager
- Microsoft 365 Integration
- Advanced corporate policy enforcement on Enterprise plan
#10. Norton Password Manager
Norton Password Manager is a cloud-based password manager that works as an app on your mobile phone or as an extension in your web browser. It's free and focuses on simplicity and easy of use. It has limited utility for desktop users, no secure sharing option, and limited multi-factor authentication support.
Norton Password Manager Features
- Cross-platform syncing
- Quick setup
How to Choose the Right NordPass Alternative
Choosing a NordPass alternative depends on your specific needs and challenges.
Different options may have different advantages and disadvantages for you. Some may have more features than you want, while others may be more affordable. You need to compare the benefits and drawbacks of each one. What works best for your situation?
Try TeamPassword Today
TeamPassword offers a secure and convenient way for teams to handle their passwords. With strong encryption, flexible access controls, and reliable customer support, TeamPassword is designed to meet your team's needs. Experience the benefits of TeamPassword by signing up for a free trial today.